Pardis Kianoush picked up a win at the third singles court on Friday.
Feb. 28, 2014
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. ---- Pardis Kianoush took a 6-3, 6-4 win at the third singles court, but the UAB women’s tennis team could not overcome Chattanooga as the Mocs downed the Blazers, 6-1, on Friday.
UAB now gets set to face Louisiana Tech at George Ward Park, with first serve slated for Noon CT.
“This is the best we have competed as a team up and down the lineup in singles and doubles,” head coach Mark Tjia said. “We have a very young team that grew up today. I saw signs today that we might be starting to understand what it takes to be a good college team.”
After falling on the doubles courts, UAB fought hard in singles, taking two matches to three sets, while Kianoush took a 6-3, 6-4 win at the third court.
For more information on the UAB women’s tennis team, follow the Blazers on Twitter (@UABAthletics, @UABWTennis) and on the web (www.UABSports.com).
Tennis Match Results
UAB vs Chattanooga
Feb 28, 2014 at Chattanooga
(UTC Tennis Courts)
Chattanooga 6, UAB 1
1. Kayla Jones (UTC) def. Rachel Daniell (UAB) 6-7, 6-3, 6-4
2. Kaylene Chadwell (UTC) def. Amy Lowther (UAB) 4-2, retired
3. Pardis Kianoush (UAB) def. Kelsey Coots (UTC) 6-3, 6-4
4. Alexa Flynn (UTC) def. Paula Castro (UAB) 6-4, 6-2
5. Claire Mulyadi (UTC) def. Catherine Ragon (UAB) 6-4, 6-3
6. Katie Polk (UTC) def. Elaine Simon (UAB) 3-6, 6-4, 6-4
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2); Singles (2,4,3,5)