Rod Rucker is averaging a double-double (12ppg, 10rpg) in his first season with the Blazers
Nov. 19, 2012
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. ---- The UAB men's basketball team hosts Prairie View A&M on Tuesday at 7 p.m. CT inside Bartow Arena.
Tuesday's game marks the second of four contests for the Blazers associated with the South Padre Island Invitational. UAB defeated Navy 82-63, on Sunday in the first game of the tournament, and will play in South Padre Island, Texas on Friday vs. Illinois State and against either TCU or Northwestern on Saturday.
UAB (2-1) vs. Prairie View A&M (2-3)
Game Time: 7 p.m. CT
Location: Birmingham, Ala. -- Bartow Arena (8,500)
Video: All-Access at UABsports.com
Radio: WUHT-FM 107.7 -- David Crane (pxp), Steve Mitchell (analyst)
UAB leads the all-time series, 4-0.
Last Meeting: UAB 105, PVAMU 52 (11/30/95)
Series Notes: The Blazers have captured all four previous meetings against the Panthers, with all four match ups taking place in the early 1990's. UAB has reached 100 points in three of the four meetings with PVAMU and scored 98 in the other.
UAB: Jerod Haase (Kansas, '97)
Record at UAB: 2-1, first season
Career Record: 2-1, first season
Prairie View A&M: Bryon Rimm II (California State-Los Angeles, '99)
Record at PVAMU: 75-117, seventh season
Career Record: 122-156, 10th season
Last Time Out For UAB
UAB 82, Navy 63 (Bartow Arena)
Four players scored in double figures, led by Rod Rucker and Fahro Alihodzic each posting 16 points each as the Blazers cruised to a 19-point victory.
The Blazers dominated inside, out-rebouding the Midshipmen by 20 (47-27) and scored 48 points in the paint.
On The Blazers
• The Blazers enter Tuesday's game with a 2-1 record after defeating Navy at home on Sunday, 82-63.
• UAB is averaging 82.3 ppg as a team, with eight players scoring seven or more points per contest on average.
• Jordan Swing leads the Blazer offense, averaging a team-best 13.7 ppg, while Rod Rucker is averaging a double-double for the season (12ppg, 10rpg).
• The Blazers have been on target when it comes to shooting through the first three games, making 47.5 percent of their overall shots, 40.7 percent from 3-point range and 81.4 percent from the foul line.
On The Panthers
• Prairie View A&M sits at 2-3 on the season, after falling at TCU, 44-39 over the weekend. The Panthers wins this season have come against Schreiner and Arlington Baptist, while the three losses have come on the road at Texas Tech, Texas A&M and TCU.
• The Panthers are averaging 69.6 ppg as a team and shooting 42.9 percent from the floor.
• PVAMU is led in scoring by Jourdan DeMuynck, who averaged 13.8 ppg. The post player also tops the Panthers in rebounding, grabbing 6.8 per game on average.