A two-time Major League Baseball draft pick: selected in the sixth round of the 2009 draft (178th overall) by the Atlanta Braves and taken in the 39th round of the 2010 draft by the Texas Rangers.
· Made 16 appearances and started nine games on the mound
· Earned wins over Western Illinois (March 20), UCF (April 3) and Tulane (May 16)
· Worked a career-high 6.2 innings at UCF and held the Knights scoreless
· Pitched 4.2 innings of relief to earn the win over Tulane
· Ranked third on the team with 48 strikeouts
· Fanned a career-high seven batters April 18 at East Carolina
· Earned a spot on the C-USA Commissioner's Honor Roll
· A California Collegiate League All-Star over the summer for the San Luis Obispo Blues
· Named first-team All-California Collegiate League
· Sat out the season due to NCAA transfer rules after transferring from the University of Georgia
· Named to the C-USA Commissioner's Honor Roll and earned the league's academic medal
· Played over the summer for the Athletes in Action Fire of the Alaska Baseball League
· Ranked as the No. 5 prospect in the ABL by Baseball America.
2007-2008 (Freshman and Sophomore)
· Appeared in three games in 2008 and was named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll
· Made 19 relief appearances as a freshman in 2007, logging a 1-1 record and a 3.14 ERA
· Struck out 22 batters in 28.2 innings in 2007
· Earned a victory in relief over No. 24 Georgia Tech
· Struck out a UGA career-high four batters against Winthrop and ninth-ranked Arkansas
· Played at Forest Park High School for head coach Jerry Mobley
· Led his team to a district title as a senior in 2006, recording a 6-3 record with a 2.49 ERA
· Struck out 82 batters in 56.1 innings in 2006
· Earned second-team all-district honors as a junior after posting a 4-3 record with a 1.20 ERA and 48 strikeouts in 40.0 innings
· An honor student
· Participated in the East Coast Professional Showcase
· Named the seventh-best prospect in the Clark Griffith Summer League.
Ryan Woolley ... born Feb. 11, 1988 ... parents are Greg and Dawn Woolley ... has one sister ... majoring in communication management with a minor in business administration.