Frequently Asked Questions
What is Blazer Boosters?
Blazer Boosters is the fundraising arm and lifeblood for UAB Athletics and serves as the primary source of revenue for the athletics department. Blazer Boosters is responsible for generating revenues for two main purposes. The first is to offset the more than $6 million in annual student-athlete scholarship costs. The second is to procure monetary support for capital projects such as new athletics facilities or renovations to existing athletics facilities as well as other operating needs.
Is my contribution tax deductible?
UAB Athletics recommends that donors check with their tax advisor. Generally speaking, if a donor's gift is related to priority seating, 80% of the contribution is tax deductible less any additional benefits received. Any gift in excess of this would be 100% tax deductible.
What benefits do I receive for supporting UAB Athletics?
The single most important benefit of supporting UAB Athletics is the reward of providing an opportunity to a Blazer student-athlete to get an education while participating in intercollegiate athletics at the highest level. Additionally, there are tangible benefits received based on annual giving level. Click here for a complete chart of Blazer Club membership benefits.
Ways to Further UAB Athletics
- First and foremost, please consider being as generous as possible by contributing at the highest level possible.
- Consider making a donation to the Blazer Club.
- Provide leads and prospects of friends, co-workers, family, businesses, etc. that would be a good candidate to support UAB Athletics.
- Serve in a volunteer capacity such as a Blazer Rep or provide resources to help with such projects such as securing live and silent auction items for annual fundraiser.
- At a minimum, please consider purchasing season tickets and attending home games.
- Help create tradition and atmosphere by wearing dark green to all home athletic contests.
- Be an ambassador for the athletics department by sharing and speaking positively about experiences with Blazer Athletics and encourage and challenge participation.
How do I obtain priority seating for football and/or men's basketball?
The most common vehicle to secure priority seating for UAB football and/or men's basketball is by joining the Blazer Club. The opportunity to purchase more tickets in premium locations are based on annual contribution levels. Seating locations are based on availability due to supply and demand.