Blazer Rep Program
The Blazer Rep Program is a volunteer initiative to recruit new Blazer Club members and fundraise for UAB Athletics. Blazer Reps also assist by volunteering at special UAB Athletics fundraising events. For example, reps secure both live and silent auction items for the Blazer Auction conducted each August as well as other events throughout the year. The Blazer Rep minimum requirements are to recruit 3 new members or $500 in new revenue to receive the full priority points. For more information on how to become a Blazer Rep, contact Paul Kabbes at (205)996-5994 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blazer Rep Prizes
Blazer Reps Dates
- January 14 - official launch of 2013 Blazer Rep program
- March 26 - suite access to the UAB vs. Alabama baseball game at Hoover Met
- May 1 - Blazer Rep deadline for early renewal account credit
- September 1 - Blazer Rep new revenue deadline
- Fall and Winter 2013 - Blazer Rep prize fulfillment
2012 Blazer Rep Highlights
- Ed Sims:Ed's son, Shawn, is a former UAB football player and current member of our B Club. As a season ticket holder for Football and Men's Basketball, Ed shows his support at as many events as possible and is a great ambassador for our scholarship fund. Ed was the grand prize winner for most new members recruited at 11. He was able to celebrate his winnings by inviting the new members to a complimentary suite during the home football game vs. Memphis. He has already done some ground work on renewing his folks for next year and looks to bring in even more new Blazer Boosters members during the 2013 program.
- John Valekis: John is a long time season ticket holder who encouraged his personal network to invest in the future of UAB Athletics. John also reached the double digit new member total by bringing in 10 new members. His focus was to motivate his inner circle to attend UAB Athletic events and financially support UAB student-athletes.
- Justin Craft: As a current Champion Club member and former student-athlete at UAB, Justin looked at this program as an opportunity to make a difference in the next generation of UAB student-athletes by recruiting support within his own personal network. He was able to recruit a new Champion Club member and lead the 2012 Blazer Reps in most revenue generated. Justin believes in the student-athlete experience and continues to assist the Blazer Boosters office with leads on a regular basis.